As complex as intellectual property law is, it still cannot address every specific
contingency; this is why the courts are brimming with infringement suits.
Some areas of copyright law are relatively cut-and-dried—selling bootlegged
copies of a popular record for your own personal gain, for instance, is inarguably
copyright infringement—but not every issue is so easily resolved.
Your Copyright Questions—Answered! explores nuances in the law as it
relates to two areas that relate to third parties and their material. This 40-page
handbook answers questions such as:
- Can I reproduce popular song lyrics without permission?
- Can I mention a famous person in my fiction novel?
- Can I publish a picture of a crowd in a public place?
- What if I want to use a photograph but I cannot find the owner?
- Can I quote from a newspaper’s review of my book for my own promotional material?
Our handbook goes beyond simple yes-or-no answers and delves into the basic ideas
of copyright law. It is designed to deepen your understanding of intellectual property,
as well as related ideas such as right to publicity and appropriation of likeness.
Created by the attorneys at Legal Research Center
exclusively for Click&Copyright customers, this handbook will be invaluable in your
path to understanding intellectual property.
The 40-page PDF handbook, available immediately for download
Includes all of our intellectual property forms, along with our copyright handbooks copyright handbooks